About Us » FAQs


Frequently Asked Questions

ATTENDANCE HOTLINE: (858) 674-6200 x6303

How do I inform the school when my student is absent?

When your child is absent, please call the Office at (858) 674-6200 ext. 6303 with any questions or concerns. See Attendance

What if my student is tardy?

Students arriving late to school must come to the main office accompanied by a parent/guardian with a note stating the reason for their tardy. Parents may excuse up to three tardies for personal reasons per semester.

Please remember – Tardy students walking into class impacts the learning environment for everyone.  Please be on time.  

What are OCIS Contracts?

If there is a planned absence of five days or more, please contact the front office staff to set up an Off Campus Independent Study (OCIS) contract for the student. A contract can be used for travel and for extended illnesses.  An OCIS contract allows your student to do the work that they would be doing if they were in class, it is not counted as an absence, and helps the school to continue to be funded by the state. A minimum of one week prior notice is required to set up an OCIS contract.

What if my child forgot something?

Please refer to our Pick Up Table Policy on the main announcement page.

How late can my student remain on campus after school?

It is important that students are picked up at 2:50 pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, and on Thursday at 1:10 pm as there is no supervision after-school. When it is not possible for you to pick up your student at this time, please note that ESS (Extended School Services) is available for a charge, from 6:30 am – 6:00 pm.

What if my student has no lunch?

Please try to avoid sending your child to school without a lunch packed from home, or without lunch money in their account. Your child will be provided a lunch from the cafeteria and parents will be required to pay the cafeteria back.

How do I find out how much money is left in my students lunch account?

The main office does not have access to the lunch accounts so you may call PUSD food services office at (858) 668-2570 to get this information. Also, you can set up an account with School Lunch Payment Solutions.

Where are the lost and found items kept on campus?

If your student has lost a sweatshirt/jacket or any other item, DSES lost and found is located in the lunch area.  Please be sure to check often, as the lost and found items are donated periodically. 

What if I want to talk to my student’s teacher? 

The best way to contact your student’s teacher is through email. Please see the staff contact listing.

What if I want to request homework for my student?

If you would like homework for a student that missed school, please email your student’s teacher.  staff contact listing