Attendance Hotline ~ 1-858-674-6200 x6303
Regular Office Hours ~
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays 8:15am - 3:35pm
Thursdays 8:15am - 1:55pm
Main Phone Number~ 1-858-674-6200
Attendance/Absence GuidelinesBecause we value every minute available to students for learning, it is very important that students arrive to school on time, and attend school every day unless they are sick, have a doctor’s appointment, or are attending to a family emergency. If your student is absent for any reason, it is necessary for a parent/guardian to call the office via the Attendance Hot Line (858) 674-6200 x6303 before 9:00 am. Please leave the following information:
- Student’s name and grade
- Teacher’s name
- Day(s) and date(s) of absences
- Reason for the absence
- Expected date of return
Medical appointments are considered excused absences with a note from the practioner's staff.
Keeping Everyone HealthyPlease remember that PUSD Guidelines state that your child must be fever-free (without medication), diarrhea-free and vomit-free for 24 hours before returning to school. Students with Upper Respiratory Infections common symptoms: persistent nasal discharge that is purulent or discolored, productive cough, excessive coughing or appears to be too ill or uncomfortable to adequately function in classroom setting should stay home until no symptoms for 24 hours or a written medical release is obtained.
OCIS ContractsIf there is a planned absence of 3 - 14 days , please contact the front office staff to set up an Off Campus Independent Study (OCIS) contract for the student. The contract must be requested no less than 5 school days prior to the date of the absence. A contract can be used for travel and for extended illnesses. An OCIS contract allows your student to complete the work that they would be doing if they were in class, it is not counted as an absence, and helps the school to continue to be funded by the state.
Student HealthDel Sur has a Health Attendant to take care of first aid and emergencies. In case of student illness at school, the health attendant will notify parents or the emergency contact listed on the enrollment form. No registered nursing services are provided at the school on a daily basis.
Truancy GuidelinesAlthough this rarely happens , students who have 3 or more unexcused abensences or tardies over 30 minutes, in one school year, are considered truant. When this happens, a truancy letter is sent to the parents and a copy is forwarded to the Poway Unified School District Student Discipline and Attendance Office. If a formal notification is made three times, the student and his or her parents are referred to the District School Attendance Review Board (SARB) which then has the authority to refer the student to the juvenile justice system.
The purpose of this notification is to provide full disclosure about the legal responsibility all parents have to make sure their children attend school on time, every day. Thank you for your cooperation as we work together to provide your children with the finest education.
Arrival to School
- Campus opens to students at 8:25. Please do not arrive prior to 8:25 as there is no adult supervision until that time.
- Students may not go through the halls prior to their teacher arriving at the classroom line up area.
- Students should put their belongings on their classroom line up area on the playground. School begins promptly at 8:45 a.m. All students need to be in their seats, ready to learn by this time.
- Students arriving after the 8:45 a.m. tardy bell, must come to the office for a late slip before going to class.
During SchoolOnce students arrive at school, they may not leave the campus or playground during school hours without permission from the office. Students must be checked out in the office by a parent or guardian.
Dismissal from School
- TK/Kindergarten dismisses at the gates to the Front Office from the main parking lot.
- Grade 1 dismisses from the gates to the lunch court.
- Grade 2 and 3 dismiss from the gates at the bike rack.
- Grade 4 dismisses from the bus loop at the West end of the school.
- Grade 5 dismisses from the Front Office entrance on Paseo del Sur, next to flagpole.
*Families with siblings need to pick up from the dismissal location of their youngest child. All older siblings need to proceed to their youngest sibling's dismissal location.
Parents should NOT meet their children inside the school or by their classroom.